So I just got into Ecuador yesterday, and it is already awesome. My host family RULES. My host mom is named Maria, and she is currently engaged ferociously in a bitter contest for the sweetest human being living in a country that touches the equator. She is an excellent cook, and anything other than smiles are not allowed on her face. I also have a brother and a sister who are about my age. Andres, my brother, is 25, is into bodybuilding, working out, playing Age of Empires, and being a stud. Let's just say that we may or may not already be best buds. My sister, Sofi, is 24, and is really nice. I am SO lucky to be living with this family. I am literally a one block walk from KO, one-and-a-half blocks from Phil and Aislinn, and a whopping two blocks from my school. It is an eleven minute crawl, three minute walk, or a 30 second run (for me, because I am very fast).
We took a little excursion today to the central part of the city. We got to see some great plazas and beautiful churches. We will definitely have to go back at night. After we got back, all 7 of the ChACErs met up at a local sitio to relax a little bit. Andres came because he is a hero. We spoke spanish, told stories, and played pool. Afterwords, we went to a local restaurant and got tilapia fish with beans and rice. Delicious. It was glorious. However, if our stomachs reject our bodies tomorrow, I may have to adjust this post.
ps listen to discovery, it will bring you joy...
No comments:
Post a Comment